The US Senate confirmed Ms Yuri Kim as US Ambassador to Albania on December 19. Next month she is expected to take over the seat left vacant by former Ambassador Donald Lu.
Ms Yuri Kim was nominated earlier this year by President Trump to be the new US ambassador to Albania. She appeared before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee in October, where she praised the strong relations between the two countries and stated her three priorities, if she would be confirmed as ambassador:
– Encourage Albania to reach its 2% [of GDP] defense investment pledge by 2024
– Promote Albania’s development as a democratic nation.
– Work to promote US exports and US investment in Albania […]
The US Embassy in Albania has been operating without an ambassador since the departure of Ambassador Donald Lu in May 2018.
Editor’s Note: The U.S. State Department has been actively supporting the socialist government of Edi Rama in Albania and has a history interfering in Albanian internal affairs. CD Media will be monitoring the new ambassador’s tenure in Tirana.
- Albania And Kosovo Leaders Exchange Harsh Words about Mini Schengen Initiative
- Kosovo Declines Invitation To Third Meeting On ‘Balkan Mini Schengen’