Russia has begun its second major offensive in the Donbass region of East Ukraine in the early hours of April 19th.
On April 19th, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov announced the beginning of the next phase of the special operation in Ukraine. The claim was made during his interview with India Today TV channel. Earlier, on April 18th, the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine announced that the 2nd phase of the Russian operation in the Donbas, reported SouthFront.org.
UPDATE: Sergey Lavrov also claimed the following:
- It is impossible to seriously discuss Zelensky’s statements, since he constantly changes his point of view;
- The Russian Federation is not going to change the political regime in Ukraine, Ukrainians themselves must decide how to live on;
- Russia is considering the possibility of using only conventional weapons in Ukraine.
- Sergey Lavrov has recently clarified that the operation in the east of Ukraine is aimed at the complete liberation of the Donetsk and Lugansk republics. He assured that this operation will continue and the next phase of this special operation is beginning, wrote Southfront.
- Lavrov also stressed that the crisis in Ukraine could have been resolved long ago if the President of Ukraine, Vladimir Zelensky, had cooperated and sought to implement the Minsk agreements. However, “the West betrayed Zelensky”, using him us a puppet against Russia.
The war in Ukraine is in a decisive phase, said former British Ambassador to Russia Tony Brenton. He thinks there can be two outcomes: ▪️ Russia will capture Donbass and will use it as an argument in negotiations; ▪ But it is more likely that Russia’s attempt will “bog down”, and both sides are waiting for a “long war of attrition”. In this case, “both sides will sooner or later start looking for an agreed result,” reported Real War Telegram channel.
So far, forces of the L/DPR People’s Militias, supported by Russian troops, have made significant progress on the front lines in the Donbass region, but their advance has been practically stopped for at least two weeks. A major redeployment of Russian troops in the Donbass has been completed, and a major offensive against the AFU positions in eastern Ukraine continues. The joint Russian forces are aimed at surrounding the largest grouping of the Armed Forces of Ukraine deployed in the region. A major battle is now inevitable, wrote Southfront.
‘NO AD’ subscription for CDM! Sign up here and support real investigative journalism and help save the republic!
- Zelensky Suspends Democracy-Goes Full-Blown Nationalist Over Victor Medvechuk
- American Sabotage, Soros Style