Update(1214ET): Russian media has cited the head of Russia’s delegation Vladimir Medinsky to say that the next round of Russia-Ukraine talks will not meet until Thursday morning, as the Ukrainian delegation is making its way from Kiev. The location has been identified as Brest city in Belarus on the Polish border. There are reports from the Russian side that a “ceasefire” is on the agenda.
Interfax has cited FM Lavrov to say that the Russian side is “ready” to discuss President Zelensky’s desire to talk security guarantees. Lavrov further repeated that Moscow’s ultimate aim is “demilitarization” – and amid accusations the Kremlin is seeking full regime change in Kiev, the Russian top diplomat responded by saying that “Ukrainians must decide on their own leaders”. Lavrov was further cited as saying he’s open to discussions seeking agreement on types of weapons specified that “can never be deployed in Ukraine.”
However, Ukraine’s negotiators have emphasized that their demands remain unchanged.
- RUSSIA’S ENVOY TO U.N. URGES GENERAL ASSEMBLY TO REJECT RESOLUTION DEPLORING RUSSIA’S INVASION OF UKRAINE, SAYING IT COULD SPUR ESCALATION
- UKRAINIAN OFFICIALS EXPECTED TO ARRIVE IN BELARUS ON THURSDAY FOR NEXT ROUND OF TALKS – TASS QUOTES HEAD OF RUSSIAN DELEGATION
- UN GENERAL ASSEMBLY EMERGENCY SESSION RESOLUTION CALLS ON RUSSIA TO WITHDRAW ALL ITS TROOPS IMMEDIATELY, COMPLETELY AND UNCONDITIONALLY
- U.S. HAS INDICATIONS THAT UKRAINIAN RESISTANCE HAS TRIED TO SLOW RUSSIA CONVOY HEADING TOWARD KYIV – U.S. OFFICIAL
- SENIOR PENTAGON OFFICIAL: 80% OF RUSSIAN TROOPS MASSING OUTSIDE UKRAINE ARE NOW INSIDE
To read more visit Zero Hedge.
You Won’t Get Anywhere Else What You Get From CDMedia! Donate!
- Why Are So Many American Women, NYC Women, Finding Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky So Hot?
- China Has Killed Almost A Million Americans With A Bioweapon, Threatens Taiwan, Biden Sanctions Russia…